While achieving rapid economic growth since the industrial revolution, humans have accelerated global warming through the use of fossil fuels, the destruction of forests and the generation of environmental pollution. As a result, we are facing the serious consequences of climate change, including desertification, rising sea levels, and extreme climate conditions.
Countries have worked to resolve global environmental issues by making joint responses through UN-driven panels on climate change and by adopting stricter environmental regulations.
- Green management refers to "corporate management to fulfill social and ethical responsibilities by saving and efficiently using resources and energy, and by minimizing the emission of greenhouse gases and environmental pollutants during corporate activities."- Source: Article 2-7, Basic Act on Green Growth
- "SHI operates a green management organization chaired by the CEO, which consists of the green management committee and three sub-committees, including the production, product and heavy construction committees, in order to improve the efficiency of green enterprise management and achieve sustainable business results."
- Chairman (CEO)
- Green Management Office
- Green Production Sub-Committee
- Green Product Sub-Committee
- Green Heavy Construction Committee