- Health, Safety and Environmental management are the core values of management for Samsung Heavy Industries(hereinafter "SHI").
SHI endeavors to achieve the goal of no-diseases, no-accidents, no-pollution in accordance with our management philosophy of ''respect for life''. SHI applies the HSE Management System from contract to delivery and constantly tries to have an HSE performance we can be proud of, to earn the confidence of our customers, to achieve environmentally-friendly company while meeting the requirements of ISO14001 and OHSAS18001.
- Develop communication channels to ensure the HSE policy and its objectives are understood and implemented by all employees, subcontractors and customers.
- Make assessments of major hazards and their effects throughout the whole shipbuilding and offshore construction process and establish countermeasures to reduce the risks.
- Provide the financial and technical resources to manage HSE risks and ensure the risks are as low as reasonably practicable.
- Comply with the HSE rules and regulations in accordance to the Domestic Korean Ministry of law, and all other local and international governing bodies and organizations.
- Provide appropriate education and training to ensure that all employees and subcontractors are involved in achieving our HSE performance goals and advancement of our safety culture.
- Undertake regular reviews and evaluations of our operations to continually improve our HSE management system.
The Samsung HSE-Management System fulfills with requirement of ISO 14001 and OHSAS 18001.
SHI is the first shipyard in the world which was certified of international standard for Environment ISO 14001
SHELL MILNG DUA Gas Supply Project
Appreciation award for achieving 10. million manhours without LTI for fabrication of M1PQ-A topsides
Safety Best Shipyard
Best Safe Shipyard among Korean Heavy Industries by Ministry of Labor
SAIPEM 10000 Deepwater Drillship Project
Appreciation award for a achieving 1.5 million manhours without LTI for construction of Drillshup
CTOC CAKERAWALA Project
Appreciation award for achieving 5 million manhours without LTI for fabrication of Deck, Jacket, FPSO(CTOC)
SHI/Owner HSE Alliance Performance Award
In recognition of 100 days without a Lost Time Injury